Find out about the many benefits of live-in care, including information on how the service provides bespoke senior care focused on the needs of the individual receiving care in their own home.
It is no secret that the population of the UK is getting older. Age UK statistics tell us that:
- The amount of people aged over 75 will double in the next 30 years
- Nearly 1 in 5 people in the UK will live to see their 100th birthday
- The number of people aged over 85 in the UK will double within the next 23 years
- The percentage of people aged over 60 will rise from over 24% to over 29% in 2035
Naturally, the more that people age, the more people require care, and so there is a constant strain on the care industry. Elderly care homes can’t handle the demand placed on them and the NHS are struggling even more because they have nowhere to place recovered elderly patients in need of a place of care to return to.
This is where live-in care comes in for those people who will be self-funding their senior care.
The Live-in Care Hub found during an independent study that over 90% of people would prefer not to go into residential care if they have the choice. So we already know most people want a viable alternative to elderly care homes. We also know, according to many live in care agencies, that costs can compare favourably to the cost of residential care, especially when it comes to a couple who both require care. Other key benefits include:
- Enabling a person to stay in their own home
- Enabling a person to stay with their beloved pet (they often have to be separated when moving into an elderly care home)
- Enabling a person to stay with their loved one (again, they have to be separated when moving into a care home)
- Avoiding loneliness and poor nutrition because of the high amount of 1-to-1 care
- Ensuring a person stays active
Even better is the fact that live-in care can provide completely bespoke senior care tailored to your needs, so unlike the common ‘one-size-fits-all’ care provided in elderly care homes, the 1-to-1 care provided by a live-in care is totally bespoke.
Live-in Care: A Completely Bespoke Plan Based On Your Needs
Live-in care ensures that the basic needs of your loved one are met, with services like help with washing and dressing, eating and being mobile. The key difference, even with these basic services is that they are in the comfort and familiarity of their own home. Services are also provided with the unique needs of the client in mind. The food is based around their preferences. The routine is tailored to their preferences. There is room for a late night bacon sandwich and a movie if that is what the client feels like, or a walk to a cafe for tea and cake.
So already, the services are totally unique and stand out from those provided within an elderly care home. As well as these high-quality services, you can add additional services such as:
- Help with cleaning
- Pet care
- Help with physiotherapy
- Specialist care for conditions like dementia or Parkinsons
It all depends on your needs, your budget and how you want the live-in carer to work in the life of your loved one. Speaking to the care agency about your needs when you get in touch with them will help you get an idea of what is available and what the different costs will be. It is important to know that regardless of the services provided, your loved one will always be treated as an individual and their care will always be bespoke to their needs.
The Next Step
If you think you might be interested in live-in care why not find a provider that covers your area and talk to them about their services and costs. The more informed you are, the better, so that you can plan the kind of high-quality long-term care your loved one deserves.